Building Notice Application
This form should be completed by the person who intends to carry out building work or their agent.
If you need assistance in completing this form, please contact Building Control.
Please complete the following form and use the Online Calculator to calculate the correct fees. After submitting the form you will be taken to Documents Upload followed by Pay Online.
1. The Applicant is the Person on whose behalf the work is being carried out, eg the building’s owner.
2 One copy of this Application Form should be submitted together with one copy of the site plan, plans and calculations (if applicable).
3. A Building Notice charge is payable at the time of submission and this is calculated in accordance with current charges regulations. The fee is a single payment that covers all the necessary site visits until satisfactory completion of the work in accordance with the Building Regulations. (A Guidance Note on Charges is available separately.)
4. Persons carrying out building work must give notice of the commencement of the work at least two days beforehand.
5. These notes are for general guidance only. particulars regarding the submission of Building Notices are contained in Regulation 13 of the Building Regulations 2010 and, in respect of charges, in the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.
6. Persons proposing to carry out building work or make a material change of use of a building are reminded that permission may be required under the Town and Country planning Acts.
7. Further information and advice concerning the Building Regulations and planning matters may be obtained from Building Control.
8. This Building Notice shall cease to have effect from three years after it is deposited with the Local Authority, unless the work has commenced before the expiry of that period.
9. A Building Notice cannot be used in all situations. Please refer to Regulation 12 of the Building Regulations 2010.
10. Where electrical work is not carried out and registered by an electrician under a part p competent persons scheme an additional fee/application will be required for this work.