Domestic Building Control
EBCS are here to help you throughout your project, ensuring the improvements you make are safe, secure and sustainable.
We will work closely with you and your builder to provide:
- Start to end support with your own dedicated Building Control Surveyor.
- Free pre-application advice on all matters relative to the proposed project.
- Full integration with planning processes to ensure that from the outset your project will comply with Building Regulations.
- Competitive fixed fees so you know the costs upfront.
- Detailed local knowledge about ground conditions and construction techniques typical in the area.
- Expert advice on fire safety, structural engineering, and mechanical and electrical engineering by our specialist professional officers.
- Comprehensive plan checking to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- A full complement of inspections.
Do you have planning permission?
Please ensure you have planning permission in place before applying for your building work. Not all building work requires planning permission but it is always best to check first.
What type of application do you need?
Once you are in a position to proceed with your building work, there are three typical Building Control application types.
Full Plans application
First we will assess all your plans and ensure compliance with the regulations then arrange inspections once the build begins.
Building Notice application
This is useful for smaller works where all assessment takes place during the inspections.
This is used when proper approval was not gained for completed building work. In this instance, you can retrospectively apply and we will inspect the works to verify everything has been completed correctly.
Our fees are competitive and fixed. This will provide you with certainty about the cost of your building project.
- More than 50 Years of Experience
- Trusted by customers and the building trade
- Fast & reliable service